To support an effective Marshalling Program, the primary goals of the Player Assistants are to:
1) Manage the rate of play.
- Work to maintain a maximum round time of 4 hours and 25 minutes.
- Identify slow groups and communicate our policy on slow play.
- Manage slow groups to achieve our round time goals.
- Record any slow play issues on the daily tee sheet.
2) Ensure all course rules are being adhered to.
- Carts on cart paths only--unless otherwise stated by the Pro Shop.
- No outside alcohol is to be consumed on the course.
- Over consumption of alcohol is to be monitored and reported to the Pro Shop.
- Proper dress is enforced.
- ‘No metal spike’ rule is monitored.
- Proper tee boxes are to be in use at all times (help with pace of play).
- Improper behaviour is managed appropriately.
- All issues are recorded in the Pro Shop. (See Manager on Duty).
3) Act as a Course Ambassador and ensure everyone is enjoying their day.
- Talk to groups of golfers and see if they are in need of anything.
- Carry a supply of score cards, divot repair tools, tees, ball markers, and first-aid supplies.
- Record any pertinent guest comments and feedback, and bring them to the Pro Shop for recording & follow-up.
- When possible, promote the other services on the property including the Club House & Rowena’s Inn rooms and cottages.
- Help Grounds Crew where needed--sand & seed divots/tee boxes, garbage clean-up, washroom checks, etc.